English French German Spain Italian Dutch Russian Portuguese Japanese Korean Arabic Chinese Simplified

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Istanbul Fashion Days: Day 4

As I mentioned before, yesterday was the closing night of the Istanbul Fashion Days and I think overall the project was a success. The only thing that bothered me was the organization of the entries to the shows. If you weren't from the press or a VIP, you had to watch the show outside from a screen even though you had an invite. But let's move on to Hakan Yıldırım's spring/summer 2010 collection themed by Milad...

In this collection, female silhouette was emphasized by strong, tough and sharp-edged architectural shapes meanwhile feminity was emphasized by lace, silk, organza, leather and crystallized Swarovski elements.

New feather and collar shapes were expertly used together with grenadine red, soft pink, ecru and grey tones. There were also a series of phenomenal white dresses towards the end of the show and even though I like edgy designs more, these feminen lace dresses with feathers also pleased me.

Many must have thought the same because at the end of the show the designer got a standing ovation, something I haven't experienced the days before. Maybe it was also because it was the finale, I don't know...

The outfit picture was not very clear so I took another picture of my rather new bondage shoes. The straps hurt like hell but I'm still in love with them... ^^

Blazer: vintage
Skirt worn as a tube top: Park Bravo
Shorts: H&M
Shoes: Steve Madden

No comments:

Post a Comment